Gloria's special lamb chops
- 8 lamb chops
- 150ml bottle of dark soy sauce
- 3-4 rounded tbsp golden syrup
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
At step 3, taste the sauce. If it's too salty, add a little more syrup and, perhaps, a teaspoon of vinegar; if it's too sharp, add a touch more soy sauce and syrup.
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C.
- Place the lamb chops in a single layer in a casserole dish. Put the dish in the centre of the oven and bake the chops for 15-20 mins until they are about half-cooked.
- Meanwhile, pour most of the soy sauce into a saucepan and add the golden syrup and red wine vinegar. Place the pan over a medium heat and stir until the sauce is runny.
- Remove the dish containing the chops from the oven and drain out most of the fat. Pour the sauce over the chops and cover the dish with foil. Return the dish to the oven and cook for a further 15-20 mins, or until the chops are cooked, taking care not to overcook them.
- Serve with rice, not forgetting to spoon a little more sauce (or a lot!) over the meat and rice. (Not suitable for freezing).
Feature: Sue McMahon, assisted by Nicola Cargill. Photos: David Jordan. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 280(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.