Italian-style garlic chicken
Skill level: Easy peasy
Celebrity chef Loyd Grossman's roast chicken dish is stuffed with healthy, tasty garlic. Great with pasta, rice or spuds.
- Olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- Fresh thyme
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 1 x 660g jar tomato and basil sauce
The smaller you chop garlic, the more pungent it becomes. But if you cut out the green pulse in the centre of the bulb, your breath won't smell!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the garlic, chicken, peppers and chopped onion into a shallow baking dish and coat with a little olive oil. Sprinkle over a few sprigs of the fresh thyme. Place into the oven and roast for 35 mins.
- Remove from the oven. Take out the chicken and the thyme sprigs and spoon off some of the excess fat from the tray. Pour the tomato and basil sauce into the baking dish over the roasted onions and garlic.
- Replace the chicken onto the top of the sauce and return to the oven for 15 mins. Serve with pasta, rice or roast potatoes.