Tarragon pork tenderloins
Skill level: Easy peasy
These tender pork tenderloins served with a strawberry, tarragon and rocket salad make an impressive dinner party dish.
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3½ tsp tarragon
- 7tbsp olive oil
- 16 strawberries
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 50g (2oz) Dijon mustard
- 400g (14oz) onions
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp thyme
- 900g (2lb) pork tenderloins
- ½ tsp easy garlic
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 50g (2oz)Dijon mustard
- 125g (5oz) rocket
- 8 walnuts
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
When you're cooking pork tenderloins, make sure you don't overcook when roasting, as this will cause the meat to dry out.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C (325°F, gas mark 3).
- Make a vinaigrette by placing the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and 1tsp of the tarragon in a bowl. Mix well. Gradually add 6tbsp of the olive oil and 4 finely cubed strawberries. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the butter and mustard, 2tsp tarragon and mix well. Set aside.
- In an ovenproof dish, place the onions with remaining olive oil, rosemary and thyme, and season with salt. Place in the oven, for 30-40 mins or until tender and just golden brown.
- Cut the tenderloins into medallions. Season with salt and a little tarragon. Fry the garlic in a frying pan for 30 secs, add the tenderloins and cook on both sides until slightly browned. If you like them cooked for longer, finish in the oven. (They should be a little pink inside.) Remove and set aside.
- Add a little water to the frying pan and deglaze. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Add the butter, mustard and tarragon mixture.
- Serve the small tenderloins on top of the roasted onions, with the mustard and tarragon sauce from the pan. Serve the rocket alongside and sprinkle with the remaining strawberries (cut into cubes), walnuts and season with the strawberry-tarragon vinaigrette.