Mushroom and spinach pasta
- 300g(10oz) pasta spirals
- 250g (8oz) salad spinach
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 250g (8oz) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 250g tub natural cottage cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: Use a large pan, because this is a lot of pasta and an equally large quantity of leaves, so you will need room to stir it all in.
- Put the pasta in a pan of boiling water; cook according to pack directions for 8 mins. Drain, but leave some water clinging to the pasta. Put pasta back in the pan, and quickly stir in the spinach until it wilts.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a pan and add the mushrooms and garlic. Fry over a medium heat, covered, for 5 mins, then take the lid off and let them brown.
- Stir the mushrooms and cottage cheese through the pasta and spinach. Season well. (Not suitable for freezing).
Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: Chris Alack. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 373(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.