Turkey, spinach & stilton burger
Costs: Cheap as chips
A great, cheap meal for family and friends. Spinach and cheese are calcium-richm but remember cheese is high in fat too.
- 250gfresh spinach or 200g frozen spinach, thawed
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 500g minced turkey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 2tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 75g stilton cheese
- 1tsp olive oil
If you're using frozen spinach, squeeze out excessive water once thawed. You could also use Cheshire or Feta cheese.
- Put the washed spinach into a steamer and cook for about 4-5 mins, until wilted, turn the spinach over half way to cook evenly. Remove from the heat and
- press out as much excess water as possible.
- Turn the spinach onto a board then chop into small pieces. This can also be done in a food processor, but be careful not to over process - just pulse or chop.
- Transfer into a bowl and add the breadcrumbs, mix together to break up the
- Add the turkey and seasoning, crumble in the cheese and mix together. Form into 8 burgers shapes.
- Heat either a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan, lightly brush the burgers with oil or spray, cook the burgers over a medium heat for 5 mins on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with salad leaves and tomato salsa and wholemeal bread baps if desired.