Simon Rimmer's mackerel rolled in oats
This tasty, simple alfresco fish dinner from celebrity chef Simon Rimmer is just perfect for spring and summner nights.
- 4x mackerel fillets
- 2 beaten eggs
- 50g butter
- 100g porridge oats
- 100g almond, pecan and raisin e.g. Kelloggs Nature's Pleasure
- Juice of lemon
- Salt and pepper
You should eat fresh fish the day you buy it. If it's for the next day, put it on a tray, wrap in cling film and store overnight in the coldest part of the fridge. Frozen fish should be eaten within 3 months of purchase.
- Mix the oats and nut and raisin mix together, then lay on a plate.
- Dip each fillet into the egg, season well, then place into the oat mix.
- Melt the butter in a pan. When it starts to foam, add the fillets and cook over a medium-high heat for 3 mins each side (be very careful when you flip it over).
- Serve with watercress, dressed with vinaigrette.