Antony Worrall Thompson's potato salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Antony Worrall Thompson's potato salad is perfect for picnics. With bacon, eggs and fresh herbs, it's packed with flavour. Antony Worrall Thompson has created this easy to make potato salad and the recipe will serve 6-8 people. Ideal if you're looking for something quick and easy to serve as a side dish. This Antony Worrall Thompson potato salad is best made and served from fresh. Although it does keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
- 675g(1½ lbs) floury potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2 large dill cucumbers, diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp chopped dill
- 1tbsp snipped chives
- 1tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3tbsp Hellman's mayonnaise
- 3tbsp soured cream
- Salt and ground black pepper
Antony likes to add some chopped jalapeno chillies - for that extra kick!
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until soft, drain and return to the heat to dry out. It is important that the potatoes are thoroughly cooked - there is nothing worse than 'al dente' potatoes.
- Combine the potatoes with the crumbled crispy bacon, the pickled cucumber, eggs and onion. Season to taste.
- Combine the remaining ingredients to make the dressing. Fold enough of the dressing into the salad to make it creamy.
- When folding everything together do it while the potatoes are still warm and allow the potatoes to break down a little in the mixing.
Recipe by www.nationalfamilyweek.co.uk / www.awtonline.co.uk