Michel Roux Jr.'s potato salad with grilled mackerel
Michel Roux Junior's potato salad with grilled mackerel is a great way to serve potato salad as a meal rather than a side dish. Celebrity Masterchef judge Michel Roux Jr.'s has created this tasty potato salad with hot horseradish and healthy mackerel, an oily fish that is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, selenium and vitamin B12. It makes a great summer dinner, and keeps well in the fridge for a packed lunch the next day.
- 4 fillets mackerel, trimmed and pin-boned
- 4tbsp sour cream
- 4 potatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 stick fresh horseradish
- Salt, pepper, lemon juice
Judith Horowitz, 30, from Burnley, Lancashire says when you cook fish in the pan or under the grill, let it cook undisturbed for 3-4 mins beore you touch it. It will develop a nice crust and be easier to turn.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until fully cooked. Leave to cool then peel.
- Cut into dice and fold in the thinly sliced spring onion, sour cream, seasoning and as much grated horseradish as you can take.
- Lay the fish skin side up, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place under a hot grill and cook for 6-8 mins.
- The skin should be browned and crisp. Finish with a little lemon juice and lay the fish on top of the potato salad. Decorate with a little spring onion.
Try our classic potato salad recipe.
Nutritional information per portion
- Fat 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.