James Martin's amaretto peaches & vanilla rice
Skill level: Easy peasy
Try this delicious rice pudding dessert with peaches and sweet vanilla from celeb chef James Martin
- 1(410g) can peach halves, in natural juice, drained
- 1 (425g) can creamed rice pudding
- 50g amaretto biscuits, lightly crushed
- 25g butter, softened
- 25g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg yoke
- 4tbsp amaretto liquor
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
You can drain the juice from canned peaches and thicken with flour to make a fruit sauce for ice cream or pancakes.
- Preheat the oven 180°C (350°F/gas mark 5).
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl with wooden spoon, add the egg yoke, half the liquor and biscuits and mix well.
- Mix the rice pudding with the vanilla extract and divide between 4 ramekins.
- Place a peach half, cut side up, on the top of the rice and spoon the amaretto mixture into the hole where the stone was. Drizzle over the remaining amaretto.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 8-10 mins, until the top is lightly golden and bubbling. To serve, sit the ramekin on a small plate with a couple of amaretto biscuits on the side.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 363(kcal)
- Fat 13.0g
- Saturates 5.4g
- Sugars 30.9g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.