James Martin's vegetable lasagne
This quick and easy veggie lasagne has been created by celeb chef James Martin to celebrate National Vegetarian Week.
- 6-8sheets lasagne
- 2 (283g) cans creamed mushrooms
- 2 (390g) tin ratatouille
- 50g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g Gruyere cheese, grated
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pinch of fresh nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 600ml (1 pint) milk
- 25g (1oz) plain flour
- 25g (1oz) butter
Lasagne is the perfect stress-free dinner. Make it in advance and keep in the fridge until you want to bake it.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth cheese sauce. Return to the heat, continue stirring. Bring to the boil then simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Add half the grated cheese and heat gently for 1 min, whisking until the cheeses have melted, season with nutmeg, salt and black pepper.
- Put the creamed mushrooms into a bowl and combine with half the cheese.
- Put half the cheese and mushrooms sauce in the bottom of an oven proof dish and pour over 1 can of ratatouille. Lay 3-4 pasta sheets over the top then repeat.
- Pour the remainder of the cheese sauce over the top of the lasagne, sprinkle with the remaining Gruyere and Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins. Allow to stand for 10 mins before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 415(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
- Saturates 10.0g
- Sugars 11.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.