Chicken, prosciutto and sage skewers
A new twist on an old favourite. Mix chicken and prosciutto with olive oil and Balsamic-soaked bread and enjoy with chilled Prosecco wine.
- 4boneless chicken breasts
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- Bunch of sage
- Day-old French country-style bread
- 30ml lemon juice
- 60ml olive oil
- 10ml aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Soak wooden skewers before use to keep them from burning. Soak for about an hour in plain water or chicken or beef broth. Using broth will help to season the food as it cooks.
- Cut breast lengthwise into 3 strips. Mix lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper and coat chicken strips.
- Cut prosciutto slices in two and place couple of sage leaves on each then place chicken strip and wrap.
- Cut bread into 1" cubes, add balsamic to remaining oil, garlic mix and toss.
- Thread chicken on skewer and grill over medium heat. Turn every few minutes and cook through for around 10 mins. Do similar with bread and grill all round for 5 mins, serve with chicken.
Celebrate National Barbecue Week www.nationalbbq.co.uk