Stir-fried spring greens
- 400g(14oz) spring greens or 1 pointed spring cabbage
- 4tsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 3tsp caraway seeds
- 1 large leek, trimmed and shredded lengthways
- Salt and ground black pepper
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: Choose from baby leaf greens or pointed spring cabbage for this recipe, which preserves the springy texture of the leaves
- Separate the cabbage leaves and remove any tough stalks. Roll up the leaves and shred them finely.
- Heat oil in a wok, add garlic and caraway seeds. Cook for about 30 secs without letting them burn or brown.
- Add the greens and leeks to the wok, and stir-fry for 6-7 mins, adding a splash of water to help steam the greens. Take off the heat and season well before serving (not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 45(kcal)
- Fat 3.0g
- Saturates 0.3g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.