- 4mackerel, gutted, heads removed, slashed a few timesOlive oil
- 1 large lemon, cut into wedges
For the dressing:
- 1tsp sea salt
- 2tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 5tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 4tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Couscous and salad, to serve
- 6tbsp lemon-infused oil (see Sue's tip)
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: No lemon-infused oil? Use olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice instead.
- For the dressing: Dissolve salt in 3tbsp boiling water. Cool. Put the pine nuts in a bowl with the shallot, garlic and herbs. Season with pepper, then stir in lemon oil and salty water.
- For the mackerel: Rub each mackerel with a little olive oil and season.
- Griddle for 3-4 mins each side. Cook one or two at a time and keep them warm on a tray in oven.
- Spoon dressing over the fish. Serve with couscous flavoured with lemon and parsley, the lemon wedges, and salad. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 534(kcal)
- Fat 46.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.