Burger with pancetta, avocado and blue cheese butter
Skill level: Easy peasy
You can't beat a properly made, grilled burger with all the trimmings - bacon, avocado and blue cheese butter.
- 500gbest fillet steak, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped/deseeded
- 1tbsp sea salt
- 2tsp rainbow peppercorn, crushed
- 8 rashers of pancetta/bacon
- 1 avocado, peeled, de-stoned and sliced
- 125g unsalted butter
- 75g blue cheese
- 4 sesame buns
You can wet hands with a little water to keep the mixture from sticking when you make the patties.
- Soften the butter and mix with blue cheese. Form into a roll and chill.
- Mix the steak mince, onion, chilli, salt and peppercorn and form into four patties.
- Sear patties on both sides on high heat, then grill for 3-5 mins on each side on a medium heat.
- Grill pancetta rashers on foil tray on high heat.
- Halve buns and lightly brush the cut half with olive oil, then warm through on medium heat.
- Place slices of avocado on the pancetta rashers and allow to warm through. Slice the blue cheese butter roll and place one slice on each bun base, then build with pattie, another slice of butter, pancetta and avocado. Serve immediately to rapturous applause!