Poached egg salad Nicoise
Fresh chives, capers and black olives add lots of flavours to this classic salad with poached eggs and tuna steaks.
- 100g(4oz) fine green beans
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh chives, snipped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 x 100g (4oz) fresh tuna steaks
- 25g (1oz) capers
- 50g (2oz) black olives
- Vinaigrette salad dressing
To griddle tuna, heat the pan until it's hot. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Cook the beans, then drain and cool.
- Place the eggs in a small pan of boiling water and bring slowly to the boil. Cook for 3 mins, drain, rinse under cold water and remove shell.
- In the meantime, griddle the fresh tuna steaks.
- To serve, place the tuna on a bed of sliced tomato and green beans. Sprinkle over the capers, black olives and the chives. Spoon over the vinaigrette dressing then top the tuna with the lightly poached egg.