Savoury Parmesan bites
Great as tasty nibbles, canapes or as an accompaniment to homemade soup, these savoury bites are quick and easy.
- 100g(4oz) Parmesan cheese
- 25g (1oz) plain flour
- Ground white or black pepper
Stir 1tsp of black onion seeds into the mixture for a delicious addition.
- Grate the Parmesan finely, and set to one side.
- Mix the cheese with the flour. Season with a shake of white pepper, or a little freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat a hot grill. Place rounded tablespoons of the Parmesan mixture, spaced apart, onto a baking sheet. Flatten them down slightly. Cook for 1-2 mins, until melted and beginning to brown. Remove from the baking sheet with a palette knife whilst still warm. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Cool, then store in an airtight tin until ready to serve.