Blueberry and marmalade pancakes
Treat yourself this weekend to a tasty American-style breakfast. These easy blueberry and marmalade pancakers are bound to become a family favourite.
- 150g(5oz) plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2tbsp marmalade, either orange/grapefruit or lime
- 125ml cold milk
- 225g (8o)z fresh blueberries
- Oil to fry
For the sauce
- 3tbsp marmalade, let down with some orange juice or brandy
Chef Danilo Trozzi says: 'Flip pancakes only once! Repeated flipping will toughen the pancakes. Pancakes are ready to flip when they're puffed, covered with bubbles and slightly dry around the edges.'
- To make the pancakes, add the eggs, flour, milk and the 2tbsp marmalade to a food processor. Blitz to a smooth batter, then add the fresh blueberries.
- In a small non-stick frying pan, add a little oil, add some of the batter, making sure that each pancake has some berries in them.
- Continue to cook the pancakes until all the batter is used. Keep them warm in the oven in the meantime.
- Warm up the remaining marmalade with a little orange juice or brandy in a saucepan, and serve drizzled over the pancakes.