Sausage and chicken casserole
Skill level: Easy peasy
This hearty dish with flavoursome bangers, chicken, bacon and herbs is perfect for a family dinner.
- 6bangers (e.g Original, Oxford, Suffolk ale and herb or English sage and onion)
- 50g diced smoked bacon pieces
- 2 smoked chicken breasts
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bay cloves garlic - crushed leaf
- 1 small tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1tin of cooked butter beans
- 2tbsp breadcrumbs
- 50ml duck fat
- 1tsp of finely chopped parsley
Serving suggestion: Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and gently colour under a hot grill. Finish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
- Gently fry the bacon pieces in the duck fat. Add the onions, carrots, garlic and herbs. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Drain the beans and add to the tomato mix. Season well.
- Place the mix in an earthenware pot. Colour the bangers on one side and place into the bean mix, coloured side downwards.
- Cut chicken breasts into half and place into the bean mix as well. Bake at 180°C for 15 mins.