Honey ripple ice cream
- 500mltub vanilla ice cream (we used
- Green and Black's Organic Vanilla)
- 100g (3½oz) ginger thins, or your favourite ginger biscuits
- 2 preserved stem gingers, cut into small pieces
- 100g (3½oz) wild honey
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: If you prefer the biscuits with a coarse texture, put them in a bag and just bash them with your fist rather than with a rolling pin.
- Soften the ice cream in a large bowl. Crumble in the biscuits with your
- hands and add the stem ginger. Drizzle the honey over and swirl through the ice cream.
- 2 Refreeze the ice cream. Serve in scoops in chilled bowls. Put in a freezer container, seal and label. Eat within 14 days.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 291(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.