Mint and apple cooler
- 300g(10oz) caster sugar
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 1 lime, sliced
- 750ml bottle of fizzy apple juice like Appletiser
- Sprigs of mint, slices of lime and ice, to serve
- Pour 300ml (½ pint) water into a pan and add the sugar. Place the pan on the hob and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the mint (the stalks as well as the leaves) and lime slices to the pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 mins. Remove the pan from the heat and leave syrup to cool.
- Strain the syrup into a bottle and discard the mint and lime. Chill it in the fridge.
- To serve: Place sprigs of mint and slices of lime in a jug, or glasses, add ice and half-fill the glasses with mint syrup; add the Appletiser to dilute to taste. The syrup will keep in a bottle in the fridge for up to 1 week. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information is for the maximum number of servings
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 225(kcal)
- Saturates 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.