White choc chip and hazelnut cookies
- 175g(6oz) plain flour
- ½ level tsp baking powder
- ¼ level tsp salt
- 125g (4oz) butter, softened
- 125g (4oz) light brown sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 100g-115g packet of white chocolate drops
- 30g (1oz) whole hazelnuts, halved
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: These cookies are also good with pecan nuts instead of the hazelnuts.
- Set the oven to 190°C or gas mark 5.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and beat together to mix. Spoon
- level tablespoons of the mixture on to greased baking sheets, spacing them a little apart, to allow room for spreading while in the oven - you will need to bake in separate batches.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins or until golden brown. Loosen each cookie lightly with a palette knife, but leave them on baking sheets to cool. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Storage notes: Not suitable for freezing, but will keep well for up to 4-5 days in an airtight container.Nutritional information is for the maximum number of servings
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 140(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 3.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.