Asparagus with Parmesan & lime
This is one of the simplest, yet most impressive alfresco snacks or starters that you can prepare and works great at barbecues.
- 16asparagus spears
- Juice of 1 lime
- 30ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 15ml balsamic vinegar
- A small wedge of Parmesan
- 2tsp sea salt
- 1tsp cracked black pepper
This recipe works better with baby or young asparagus with lots of Parmesan - and remember to shave, not grate!
- Mix lime juice, oil and balsamic plus half the salt and black pepper.
- Coat the asparagus spears and grill slowly on medium heat. Turn frequently and baste occasionally.
- Remove asparagus once cooked through, lightly cover with shavings of Parmesan and drizzle remaining lime, oil and balsamic. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Click on the link for more barbecue recipes