Peanut butter mini cupcakes
If you love all things sweet and nutty, these delicious peanut butter and Snickers bar cupcakes will prove totally irresistible!
- 150g(5½ oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- 115g (4oz) soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125g (4½ oz) crunchy peanut butter
- 125g (4½ oz) self-raising flour
- 30g (1oz) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 60ml (2 fl oz) milk
- Hazelnut and peanut butter icing (frosting)
- 120g (4¼ oz) hazelnut spread, softened
- 90g (3¼ oz) crunchy peanut butter, softened
- 2 x 60g (2¼ oz) chocolate-coated peanut bars (such as Snickers), chopped
Cassandra Andrews, 63 from Inverness suggests adding a bay leaf to your flour container to keep it free from moisture.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas mark 4). Line 18 flat-bottomed patty holes with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl with electric beaters until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined. Fold in the sifted flours alternately with the milk until combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the cases. Bake for 10-12 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a cake. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the hazelnut and peanut butter icing, combine the hazelnut spread and peanut butter. Spread the icing over each cake and decorate with a piece of chocolate peanut bar.