Christine's pesto spaghetti with soya beans
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Goodtoknow mum of 3, Christine McCall, loves this pasta recipe because it's cheap, tasty, quick-to-make and healthy too.
- 3 tsp green pesto
- 2 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 green or red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup soya beans
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 tsp crushed chilli (optional)
- Mixed leaf salad
Don't have all the ingredients? Improvise - most veg will go with this recipe.
- Fill a saucepan with water, add pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan.
- After 5 mins, add the pepper, spinach and soya beans to the pan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti and veg and put it back into the pan.
- Add the sour cream, pesto, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Place the pan back onto a low heat and stir for 30 secs to a minute.
- Serve with mixed leaf salad.