Roast butternut squash
- 1red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, halved and deseeded
- 1-2tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- Salt and ground black pepper
- ½ x 125g packet soft cheese with herbs and garlic
- Sprigs of thyme, to garnish
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: Find out which fruits and vegetables are cheapest now, with our seasonal food calendar
- Set the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6. Place the chopped red pepper and courgette on a baking tray and drizzle over 2tbsp of the olive oil.
- Turn the vegetables to coat them well in the oil.
- Use a sharp knife to score a criss-cross on the cut surface of the butternut squash halves and put them on the baking tray, cut-side up, alongside the other vegetables. Brush the remaining olive oil over the squash.
- Place the baking tray in the centre in the oven and bake for about 30 mins, or until the vegetables are starting to go golden.
- Remove from the oven. Scatter the chopped thyme over the red pepper and courgette and season with salt and pepper, and then stir to mix. Fill the cavity of the butternut squash halves with this mixture, also spreading it over the solid end of the vegetable. Break the cheese into pieces and scatter it over the top.
- Return the baking tray with the butternut squash to the oven to cook for a further 20-30 mins, or until the cheese is a light-golden colour.
- Remove from the oven, cut each piece in two, and serve immediately, with salad garnished with thyme sprigs. If you're really hungry, you can have a side each, but that's more expensive. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information is for the maximum number of servings
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 223(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.