Bill Granger's tiramisu ice cream cake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Bill Granger's tiramisu cake is one of those impressive desserts that really is a bit of a cheat. Perfect for dinner parties!
- 125ml strong black coffee, cooled
- 60ml Kahlua (or other coffee liqueur)
- 60ml Marsala
- 200g savoiardi (sponge finger biscuits)
- 1.5 litres vanilla ice cream, softened
- 150g good quality dark chocolate, grated
Bill says, 'Just make sure that you let it sit in the fridge while you're having dinner - to soften enough for the ice cream to be luscious and the cake easy to cut.'
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper. How to line a square cake tins video
- Combine the coffee, Kahlua and Marsala in a bowl.
- One at a time, briefly dip half of the savoiardi into the coffee mix and use to line the base of the tin.
- Layer half of the ice cream on top and then sprinkle with half of the grated chocolate. Repeat these layers, then place in the freezer for 4 hrs or until frozen.
- About 30 mins before you will be ready to eat the tiramisu, transfer to the fridge to soften. Cut into squares to serve.