Smoked sausage and bean casserole
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A brilliant one-pot winter warmer, packed with spicy pork sausage in a rich tomato sauce.
- 1 smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 jar of tomato and basil sauce
- 415g can of baked beans
- 300ml water
This casserole is even better served with warm garlic bread.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large pan and fry the carrots for 5 mins.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and water. Bring to the boil, cover and then simmer for 15 mins.
- Add the sausage and baked beans and cook for a further 10-15 mins until the carrots are tender.