Blue cheese salad
- 1 small baguette, cut into 20 slices
- About 200g (7oz) mixed salad leaves, including radicchio and frisée
- 150g (5oz) St Agur cheese
- (Roquefort would taste just as good in this salad both are available from supermarkets or your local cheese shop)
- 30g (1oz) chopped toasted walnuts
For the dressing
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3tbsp extravirgin olive oil
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: Auvergne cheese is best eaten at room temperature, so take it out of the fridge an hour before serving.
- Set the grill to hot. Toast the slices of baguette. Cool a few minutes. Meanwhile, make the dressing: whisk all the ingredients together. Arrange salad leaves on a plate.
- Roughly spread a little cheese on to the toast with a fork. Tuck the cheesy baguette slices into the salad leaves. Scatter with walnuts and spoon the dressing over. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 380(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
- Saturates 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.