Baked Camembert is a dip with a difference. Make this baked camembert recipe in 15 minutes and you'll have lovely oozing Camembert that's perfect served with warm, crusty bread. If you're having friends round for a drinks party, this camembert baked is the sort of party food snack that everyone will enjoy. Let people come back to this baked camembert over and over for a dip that goes really well with a glass of wine in hand. If you want to take your baked Camembert to another level, cut a cross in the middle before you stick it in the oven - stick a bruised garlic clove in there and a splash of white wine and a sprig of rosemary and then bake it. You'll be left with a baked Camembert that's perfectly melted and is exploding with flavour. Or, you can just keep things simple and simply scatter with chives as the recipe suggests. Either way, this baked camembert recipe is a really good recipe for sharing - you can even serve it up at a dinner party for your friends to just get stuck in!
- 250g Camembert in a box
- A few chopped chives or some parsley or thyme leaves
- Celery stalks and toasted
- French bread, for dipping
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: Don’t be tempted to do it without the string, otherwise the box might burst open!
- Set the oven to gas mark 4 or 180°C. Take the cheese out of the box and remove the wrapping. Place cheese back in the box and tie some string tightly round the box to keep it intact. Put the lid back on.
- Put the box on a baking sheet in the centre of the oven and cook for 15 mins.
- Remove from the oven, take off the lid, cut a large cross through the top of the cheese and pull back the rind to expose the runny centre. Place on a board or platter. Sprinkle with herbs. Serve with celery and bread. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 121(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.