Chocolate and peanut butter pie
Prep time:+ cooling time
If you're a peanut butter fan and a big chocoholic, you can't beat this rich, indulgent and utterly delicious dessert.
- 200g (7oz) crushed chocolate biscuits with cream centre
- 50g (1¾ oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 185g (7oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 85g (3oz) icing sugar, sifted
- 100g (3½ oz) smooth peanut butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml (9 fl oz) cream, whipped to firm peaks
- 60ml (2 fl oz) cream, extra
- 15g (½ oz) unsalted butter, extra
- 50g (1¾ oz) grated dark chocolate
- Honeyroasted peanuts, chopped, to garnish
To help drizzle the chocolate, spoon the melted chocolate into a small plastic bag. Use a toothpick or skewer to poke a hole in the end of the bag near a corner. Twist top of bag to squeeze out the chocolate as you move your hand over the pie.
- Combine the biscuit crumbs with the butter and press into the base of a 23 x 18 x 3 cm (9 x 7 x 11/4 in) pie dish and refrigerate for 15 mins, or until firm.
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar with electric beaters until smooth. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and beat together. Stir in a third of the whipped cream until smooth, then gently fold in the remaining whipped cream. Pour into the pie shell.
- Refrigerate for 2 hrs, or until firm.
- Place the extra cream and butter in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture just comes to a simmer. Remove from the heat, add the grated chocolate and stir until melted.
- Cool a little, then drizzle the chocolate over the top of the pie to create a lattice pattern.
- Refrigerate for 2 hrs, or until the cream cheese filling and chocolate are firm. Remove the pie from the fridge, scatter over the chopped peanuts and serve.