Halibut and prawns in Parmesan sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
This special dish of halibut and prawns in a lemon thyme and Parmesan cream sauce is an easy but impressive dinner party dish.
- 75g (3oz) Parmesan
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 150-175g (56oz) halibut fillets
- 100g (4oz) cooked and peeled prawns, thawed if frozen
- 6 small sprigs lemon thyme
- 150ml (¼ pt) double cream
- 6tbsp dry white wine
- Salt and ground white pepper
Cook's tip: Use any firm fillets of fish instead of halibut - salmon or monkfish would work well too.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese finely, and set to one side.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the halibut fillets. Cook them over a medium heat for 5-6 mins, turning once. Add the prawns and two sprigs of lemon thyme and cook for a further two minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Put the cream into a saucepan and heat gently, whisking with a small whisk. Add the white wine, then the grated Parmesan, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Serve the fish with the prawns and pour the sauce on top and garnish with the remaining thyme sprigs.