Bill Granger's Thai-style chicken burger
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you're looking for a special chicken burger recipe, this is the one! With lime and lemongrass, celeb chef Bill Granger's chicken burgers taste a lot different from other chicken burger recipes - perfect if you're looking to shake things up for your summer BBQ. This recipe uses minced chicken, so you can make delicious burgers yourself and adjust the taste exactly to your liking. Bill Granger adds the lemon and lemongrass to the ground chicken to give it a zingy taste that goes brilliantly with the chicken and coriander. This chicken mince burger is especially good if you or anyone in your family suffers from allergies, as you can adapt the recipe easily. Serve this lovely burger recipe with mint and coriander for a tasty BBQ recipe.
- 600g (1lb 5 oz) minced (ground) chicken
- 1 onion, finely grated
- 85g (3oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 2tsp caster (superfine) sugar
- Soft rolls
- Lettuce leaves
- Fresh mint and coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Chilli sauce
- Spicy slaw
Bill's tip: 'If your butcher doesn't have any chicken mince, you can buy boneless thighs and mince them yourself in a food processor.'
- Put the chicken mince, onion, breadcrumbs, garlic, lemongrass, coriander, lime zest, fish sauce and sugar in a large bowl and mix together well with your hands.
- Shape into 6 patties, then cover and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Pre-heat a barbecue or chargrill pan and brush with a little light-flavoured oil such as grapeseed or canola. Cook the patties for 4 mins each side or until cooked through.
- Serve on soft rolls with lettuce, mint and coriander leaves and chilli sauce. Great with spicy slaw.
Why not try our classic chicken burger recipe too?