Courgette and Parma ham salad
- 2 medium/large courgettes, green or yellow
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 8 slices (90g pack) Parma ham
- About 30g (1oz) Parmesan cheese
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few parsley leaves
Buying tip: When buying courgettes, avoid dull, bendy ones; go for firm with bright skin. Courgettes don’t freeze well, except in soup.Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon
- Peel the courgettes into wafer-thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler or mandolin. Put them in a bowl with the lemon juice and a little water for a few mins, to soften them.
- Arrange the Parma ham slices and the drained courgette ribbons in 'waves' on the four plates, then add some shavings of Parmesan.
- Whisk the oil and vinegar together and drizzle over the salad. Season well and garnish with a few parsley leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 141(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.