Sweetcorn with hazelnut butter
For the butter:
- 100g (3½oz) butter, at room temperature
- 30g (1oz) hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
If you donít want to bake the cobs, strip off the husk and boil in unsalted water for 5-8 mins. They can also be steamed, or barbecued, wrapped in foil, for about 15 mins. Undo the foil for 5 mins to let the smoky flavour in.Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon
- Set the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6. Soak the cobs in cold water for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the butter: Soften the butter in a bowl and add the hazelnuts and coriander.
- Carefully peel back the leaves of the husk round corn; pull out and discard the silky threads. Smooth about a third of the butter over the 4 cobs and rewrap them. Tie at intervals with string. Put cobs on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 mins until just tender, turning them a couple of times. Snip the string off. Serve cobs hot with the rest of butter. The butter can be made, wrapped in cling film (in a cylinder shape is easiest) then foil, and sealed, labelled and frozen. Use within 1 month.
Nutritional information is for the maximum number of servings
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 328(kcal)
- Fat 27.0g
- Saturates 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.