Michel Roux Jr.'s potato and chorizo gratin
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A quick and filling weekday family dinner designed by Masterchef judge, Michel Roux Jr. This potato gratin also has a little chorizo added to it, which makes it even more tastier
- 6 Rooster potatoes peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 250g creme fraiche
- 20 slices chorizo sausage
- 60g mature cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the potatoes and boil in lightly salted water until tender but not fully cooked. Drain, but do not rinse.
- Place in a bowl with the creme fraiche, crushed garlic and thinly-sliced chorizo. Fold gently and then lightly season.
- Layer this mix into an ovenproof dish and place in an oven at 180°C for 15 mins. Then sprinkle over the cheese and continue to cook for a further 10 mins.