How to soft boil an egg video
The secret to a really good egg is perfect timing so watch that clock!
- Saucepan of cold water
- Slotted spoon
- 1 fresh egg
- Egg cup
- Use the pin to pierce a hole in the bottom of the egg to stop it from splitting when it's cooking.
- Carefully place the egg into the pan of water, turn on the heat and bring the water up to a fast boil.
- Once the water is boiling, time the boiled egg for exactly 4 mins.
- After the 4 mins, take the egg out of the pan with the slotted spoon and place it into your egg cup.
- Use a teaspoon to crack and take the top of the egg.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.