How to fry an egg
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Watch how easy it is to fry an egg with our simple technique. Making sure you carefully scoop the hot oil onto the egg will make sure both sides of the egg cook. Serve your fried egg with chips, bacon or hot-buttered toast. Season with salt and pepper before serving for the best taste. If youd rather cook your egg in butter wed recommend melting the butter slightly before adding the egg. You want the pan to be hot enough that the egg will begin to cook immediately.
- Non-stick frying pan
- Heat your frying pan on a high heat, add the oil to the pan. Once the oil is hot and bubbling you're ready to add the egg.
- Carefully break your egg into the pan. The egg will bubble immediately.
- Tilt the pan and spoon some of the hot oil over the egg, coating the yolk.
- Time for one minute and look for the edges of the egg white to go brown.
- After the one minute, quickly remove the egg from the pan using a spatula. Serve on top of toast or with your fried breakfast.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.