James Tanner's sesame chicken
Carefully lay the chicken in the pan, away from you to stop hot oil spitting in your directionJames Tanner
- 2 x packets golden vegetable express rice
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2tbsp of sesame seeds
- 2tbsp of clear honey
- 2tsp of dark soya sauce
- 4 sprigs of coriander
- 2tbsp of vegetable oil
- Simply take a large bowl and whisk together the honey, soy sauce and vegetable oil.
- Take the chicken breasts and slice lengthways into strips and place them into the soy sauce mixture and coat all over.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over a baking tray or a large plate and drain the chicken strips in your fingers. Roll the individual strips in the seeds then set aside onto a clean tray or plate.
- Heat a large non-stick pan on a medium heat and lay the chicken strips (away from yourself) into the pan, cook gently and slowly for 3 mins on both sides turning occasionally so the chicken is golden on both sides. Keep a close eye on the chicken when frying and turn frequently to avoid the seeds and honey from burning.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, loosen the rice in each packets, remove the top of the pack and heat each packet in the microwave for 2 mins, then leave to stand for 1 min.
- When the chicken is cooked take the golden vegetable rice and separate into four bowls. Stack the sesame chicken strips on top of the rice and garnish with fresh coriander.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 449(kcal)
- Fat 12.7g
- Saturates 1.9g
- Sugars 6.4g
- Salt 1.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.