How to make gravy
Serves: Depends on meat juices from roast
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Learn how to make chicken gravy with our step by step video that shows how to make easy chicken gravy using rested meat juices, cornflour and a stock cube. The whole family will be asking for this gravy recipe with their roast dinner
- Rested meat juices
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Scrape bottom of roasting tin to release all the caramelised bits and strain juices into a separating jug.
- Pour juices into a measuring jug and make up to 500ml with boiling water.
- Add stock cube and stir to dissolve.
- Mix the cornflour with 3 tbsp water.
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the boiling stock, stirring well with a whisk.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes then serve.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.