Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Learn how to roast chicken with our step by step video on how to make an easy roast chicken recipe seasoned simply with lemon and thyme. This recipe will make the perfect centrepiece to your Sunday lunch
- 1.3kg chicken
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6.
- Place the lemon and 4 sprigs thyme inside the cavity of the chicken. Rub the chicken with oil, salt and pepper and scatter remaining thyme leaves on top.
- Pour 150ml water into the tin.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn the oven temperature down to 160C/gas 3 and continue cooking for 1 hour or until the juices run clear when pierced with a skewer.
- Cover chicken with foil and leave it to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.