Michel Roux Jr.'s crispy potato pancakes with smoked salmon
Michelin starred-chef Michel Roux Jr. has devised these delicious potato pancakes for you to make at home - a perfect dinner-party opener or a tasty light lunch
IngredientsFor the pancakes:
- 6 washed Rooster potatoes
- 1 peeled onion
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of plain flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder, salt, pepper, and vegetable oil
- 8 slices of smoked salmon
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 bunch of chopped chives
- Coarsely grate the potatoes and leave for 30 mins. Then drain and rinse under cold water. Gently press between your hands to dry.
- Add the finely sliced onion, eggs, flour and baking powder. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour a generous amount of oil in a frying pan and heat until smoking hot.
- Spoon the potato batter to form little patties about 5cm wide. Then flip over to colour on each side. When brown and crisp, drain on paper towel.
- Serve warm with the smoked salmon and sour cream mixed with the chopped chives.