Halloween rocky road
Total time:(includes 45 mins chilling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our scary Halloween rocky road is the perfect Halloween party treat for all the little zombies, vampires and ghosts who will come knocking on your door. Whether itís to give out to trick-or-treaters or just to have a spooky treat at home, this Halloween rocky is easy and quick to make. All youíll need is dark chocolate, butter, condensed milk, some delicious digestive biscuits and raisins, so itís quite a cheap way to please all the little ones who will be ringing your doorbell on October 31st. It will only take you fifteen minutes to prepare the rocky road, plus 45 minutes to let it chill. To make the rocky road scary, use white royal icing or let your kids decide how to decorate it! Just in case you donít eat it all in one go or give it all out, which sounds unlikely, this Halloween rocky road will keep for up to two days in the fridge.
- 225g (8oz) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 115g (4oz) butter
- 397g can condensed milk
- 275g (10oz) digestive biscuits, coarsely crushed
- 25g (1oz) raisins
- White royal icing
- Line a 18x28cm (7x11") baking tin with foil.
- Place the chocolate, butter and milk into a saucepan, heat gently until melted.
- Add the biscuits and raisins. Stir well. Press mixture into prepared tin and chill until firm. Cut into triangles and pipe three circles using the white royal icing over each.
- Using a cocktail stick drag from the centre to the edges of the circles to form a spider's web.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
For more Carnation recipes from celebrity chef Phil Vickery plus a chance to become the 'Ultimate Pud Star', visit carnation.co.uk/competition