Cheesy corn loaves
- 50g (1¾oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 250g (8oz) plain flour
- 250g (8oz) cornmeal (polenta)
- 1 level tbsp caster sugar
- 4 level tsp baking powder
- ½ level tsp salt
- 400ml (14fl oz) milk
- 1 large egg
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 8 x 200ml (7fl oz) mini loaf tins,buttered
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: You can reheat these loaves in a microwave oven for 30-60 secs each.
- Preheat the oven to a gas mark 7 or220°C.
- Reserve a little of the Parmesan for the topping. Put the rest of the cheese in a bowl and add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt, and stir well to mix it.
- Lightly beat together the milk, egg and olive oil. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Divide the mixture between the mini loaf tins and place them on a baking tray. Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top.
- Bake the loaves in the centre ofthe oven for 20-25 mins, or until they have risen and are an even, golden colour.
- Remove the loaves from the oven and leave them to cool in the tins for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack. Serve the loaves warm or cold.
There are more unmissable recipes in this week's Woman's Weekly, on sale everyWednesday, only 82p! Subscribe today to Woman's Weekly and get 28% off!
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 318(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.