Tomato baked chicken
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
This mouth-watering tomato baked chicken recipe serves 4 people and can be on the table in just 35 mins making it the perfect go-to mid-week meal for the whole family. Chicken thighs are cheap as chips, but if you don't know what to do with them we've got the answer - knock up this chicken and tomato casserole-style dish. It doesn't take much to make this rich tomato sauce; a readymade jar, some stock and herbs and you've got yourself a quick and easy meal on a budget. Serve with rice or potatoes.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the fridge. Make sure you reheat thoroughly before serving.
- 8 large chicken thighs
- 350g basil, Parmesan and cherry tomato ready-made sauce
- 1 punnet of button mushrooms
- 4tbsp of freshly chopped basil
- 350ml chicken stock
- 500g baby potatoes
- 40ml olive oil
- 100g-200g cheese, optional
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC. Colour the chicken in a frying pan of hot oil and then place into a baking dish along with the basil, Parmesan and cherry tomato sauce, whole button mushrooms and half of the basil. Add the chicken stock.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 25 mins. While the chicken is cooking, boil the baby potatoes until cooked.
- Drain and serve the potatoes on a plate, placing the chicken on top of them. Finish by sprinkling the other half of the basil, drizzling the olive oil over the top and add cheese if using it.
Not sure what to do with leftovers? Our leftover chicken recipes are sure to inspire!
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.