How to line a round cake tin
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Ever wondered how to line a round cake tin with ease? This simple step-by-step technique will make sure you cover your cake tin swiftly and successfully. If you’re an avid baker this is a great technique master so you can your cake mix in the tins and ready for the oven in a matter of minutes. Watch our video guide.
IngredientsYou will need:
- Non-stick baking parchment
- Sharp scissors
- A pencil
- Your round baking tin
- Grab some non-stick baking parchment, fold the paper in half, rest the tin on top and draw around it with a pencil.
- Use scissors to cut out the circle just inside the line. Put to one side.
- For the sides of the tin, lay the tin on its side and wrap the baking parchment around it so it's fully covered. Then cut off that section of parchment.
- Fold the paper in half length ways and then almost in half again, so that the height of the paper is just slightly higher than the height of the tin.
- Make a series of cuts on the folded line, at an angle.
- Place the side lining into the tin and press down on the cut folds, then place the bottom parchment circle on the base of the tin.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.