Brandy and peppercorn sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Brandy and peppercorn sauce is the perfect accompaniment to your steak dinner. This peppery, creamy sauce is great for pouring over a perfectly cooked rump steak and baked potatoes. This recipe serves 4 people and will take 15 mins to rustle up. It's a great sauce that really adds a kick of flavour to your favourite cut of meat. Once you've made this sauce from scratch, you'll never look at the packet or readymade option the same way again.
Cook your steak to perfection with our celebrity chef, John Torode, on how to cook a great steak
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp green peppercorns
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 100ml Brandy
- 400ml beef stock
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 dsp corn flour
- 200ml double cream
- Heat pan and melt butter in pan add green peppercorns and black pepper.
- Add the Brandy and heat through, then add beef stock sugar and salt.
- Mix corn flour with a little water and add to the pan. Heat until the sauce thickens then add the cream and cook until the sauce starts to simmer.
- Serve with dauphinoise potatoes, fresh watercress and rump steak.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.