The cold soup can be frozen for up to 1 month. Allow to defrost before reheating thoroughly.
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- 2 fish stock cubes
- 2-3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 300ml (½ pint) milk
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 400g packet mixed raw seafood, defrosted if frozen
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and cook over a medium heat for about 5 mins. Add flour to pan. Mix well, so mixture forms a thick paste. Gradually pour in 600ml (1 pint) boiling water, stirring well to give a smooth, thin sauce. Crumble in stock cubes and stir until dissolved.
- Add cubed potato to pan. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 10 mins, or until potatoes are just tender.
- Add milk and sweetcorn to pan. Bring mixture back to boil. Add seafood. Simmer soup for 3-5 mins, or until fish is cooked.
- Season soup. Serve, sprinkled with parsley on top.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 335(kcal)
- Fat 11.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.