Warm chestnut salad
- 1 lemon, rind only
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 200g (7oz) cooked, peeled chestnuts, halved
- 1 small head of radicchio lettuce, quartered and shredded
- 4 handfuls of rocket
- 8 slices Parma ham
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: If you canít get fresh chestnuts, use 200g packs of roasted ones, such as Merchant Gourmet Hand Selected Whole Chestnuts.
- Peel the rind off the lemon using a swivel-headed peeler to take thin parings.
- Warm the oil with the parings in a frying pan over a low heat until they just sizzle gently. Cook for about 10 mins.
- Add the halved chestnuts and warm them through for a couple of minutes.
- Divide the radicchio, rocket and torn shreds of ham between 4 plates, then the warm chestnuts and a few pieces of lemon paring. Drizzle with the lemon oil and season well. (Not suitable for freezing).
There are more unmissable recipes in this week's Woman's Weekly, on sale every Wednesday, only 82p! Subscribe today to Woman's Weekly and get 28% off!
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 180(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.