Gino D'Acampo's Flamenco eggs with Bellaverde broccoli
Cooking time:(may take an extra 5 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
I'm a Celebrity's Gino D'Acampo has created this speedy weekday meal using tender Bellaverde broccoli - delicious!
- 200g bellaverde® broccoli
- 45ml/3tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into small cubes (about 1cm)
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 50g/2oz pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 medium eggs
- 25g/1oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Gino says: 'Bellaverde is slightly sweeter than other broccoli, so is more appealing to kids'
- Heat the oil in a 25cm diameter frying pan, add the onion, aubergines and pepper and sauté for 6-8 mins until soft and browned, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, wash the bellaverde® and prepare by trimming the base of the spear and chopping the remaining into 3cm pieces.
- Pour the tomatoes in the frying pan with the bellaverde®, basil and olives. Cover the pan with a baking tray or lid and cook, over a medium heat for 4-5 mins or until all the vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, preheat the grill.
- Use a spoon to make four hollows in the tomato mixture and very gently break one egg into each. Recover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 2 mins. Remove the lid, sprinkle over the Parmesan and cook under the grill for 2-3 mins or until the eggs are cooked as you like them. Serve immediately with warm crusty bread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 265(kcal)
- Fat 18.8g
- Saturates 4.1g
- Sugars 7.6g
- Salt 0.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.