Aaron Craze's Rude Boy burrito
Prep time:(plus 2 hours marinating time)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Make this delicious chicken burrito for your family by Rude Boy Food chef, Aaron Craze
IngredientsFor the spiced chicken:
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 raw beetroot
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 8 large soft tortillas
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated
- About 80g crème fraîche
- 3-4 sprigs coriander, leaves picked
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a small, dry frying pan, lightly toast the coriander seeds for 1 minute, just until fragrant. Transfer to a mortar and add the fennel, cumin, chilli flakes, paprika, cayenne, black pepper and garlic and grind together with the pestle. Add the olive oil and mix well. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Score each chicken breast three times with a sharp knife and add to the marinade. Stir to make sure the chicken is well coated. Pop the chicken in a freezer bag and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, grate the beetroot into a bowl and add the red wine vinegar and a little salt and pepper. Leave to pickle for 10 minutes or so.
- Take the chicken from the fridge, cut it into strips and fry in a little olive oil until cooked through. Season to taste.
- To wrap the burritos: place a tortilla on a board and line with a lettuce leaf. Top this with a few strips of chicken, followed by a little of the pickled beetroot. Sprinkle with grated cheese, then add a dollop of crème fraîche and a few fresh coriander leaves.
- Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla up a little, fold in each side, then continue rolling up the tortilla into a big cigar shape. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the burritos in a hot, dry frying pan (remembering to put the join in the wrap down on the heat first). Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and crisp and serve hot with a squeeze of lemon.